If a Human is a Creature

Background info:

If I were to sit and think for a very long time I'm sure I would come up with a creature that has ten limbs or five hundred eyes but not in this case.  When I saw this prompt I knew I had to pick it. I thought for about thirty seconds when I thought “A human is its own creature. If one only remembers to flip the uniqueness switch on.” 

If I were to picture a creature it would be a human. It would have crazy brown curly hair with a big knot on the top. If a creature were a human it would dress casually with a sweatshirt and leggings. If a creature were a human it would experience all of the feelings as in Anger, Fear, Joy, Sadness, and Disgust. It would be named, not something like Lake Monster but something basic/”normal” like Suzie or Michael. 

The creature would have either long or short legs. No one knows because it would be hidden. Hidden underneath all the hate or sadness. The creature could be any size. No one would know. It's hiding. Until one day the creature who we can call Suzie would bump into another creature human. Except this one was different. It had bright orange hair with jeans and even a nice shirt on. Suzie thought to herself “How are they so happy when everyone else is so sad?”

The human creature greeted Suzie with a nice firm handshake but Suzie didn't know what to do so she just grabbed the pointer finger and shook it.

The human creature politely said “Hi I'm Jordan. What's your name?” 

It talked? “I...I'm Suzie.”

The next day Jordan showed up at Suzie’s door. Suzie was surprised by the appearance and jumped a little but was soon calm because she realized it was Jordan.  Jordan was wearing a neon green skirt and a soft blue shirt with white sandals. Suzie was still wearing the same thing as yesterday. She quickly told Jordan to wait one second. Suzie ran up her stairs and looked down. She hated her clothes. She didn’t like how they felt or looked on her. She hated the dark colors and wanted bright blues and neon yellows. But she realized something was wrong. Everybody would think she's weird and stare. Suzie thought long and hard and realized she didn’t care. She was her own body and her own person. She has her own ideas and her own style. Who were the strangers to think they could judge her and throw stones at her? She made a decision. She is done with her dark clothes. It’s time for a new Suzie. A Suzie who got that knot out of her head and wore bright  colors. She was new, she was a creature not only with a body but with uniqueness. She was herself.

Summit House-WCS

More by Summit House-WCS