What Fall Means to Me

What fall means to me is bright colors everywhere, with the turning leaves yellow, orange, red, and colored pumpkins, orange and white.
It’s picking the perfect pumpkin in the patch, to carve out into a silly face and put on display for the whole neighborhood to see. 
Fall to me is jumping in leaf piles and getting leaves stuck in my hair all day. It’s drinking warm apple cider, from freshly picked and pressed apples. 
It is the days getting shorter, frost starting to appear in the early mornings, and the promise of snow in the upcoming weeks.
Fall to me is baking apple muffins to go with chai tea on a chilly Sunday morning and spending the weekend outside, going hiking, exploring, and sitting around a camp-fire. 
What fall means to me is spending time with my family, taking in the season’s colors and warmth, and enjoying the last weeks before winter approaches.

madeleineT

More by madeleineT

• Happiness Is...

Happiness is waking up late in the summer to hear the birds chirping outside your open window. 
    It’s racing through the sand at a beach.
    And diving into cold water. 
  • The Lake

Beginning to a warm summer night, my friends and I climbed to the bow of the small speedboat. 

It was time to go tubing, one of my favorite activities at camp.