&

She laughed when I wrote the and symbol wrong, the straight part curving where it should have run along on one of those blue flimsy rulers, the kind you buy for a twenty percent off sale at Staples when you're desperate for September. Then Halloween comes and the ruler doesn't look like magic anymore. 
I wish I could say it's not funny, because it's not, really, and... but I'm too scared to say anything.
My Halloween candy was smushed in it's plastic pumpkin, the one that I dug out of my garage from when I was seven. I took it apple picking once, but the apples cracked the bottom. I guess they were too heavy for my seven year old pumpkin. I duck taped it back together, but the candy sticks to the bottom now and I can't seem to peel it back off.
How do you write this and symbol? It's going a lot slower than really writing and. I can't figure out where the loop is supposed to go.
I wish that when I opened a ziplock bag it was like magic coming out, like a gift for myself every time. But it always smells like old sandwiches and plastic, because it is. And ziplock bags make me think of third grade lunches.
When someone says hello to me, I say hi. I guess I'm not a formal person. And I can't draw those photo realistic but sketchy highlighty shadowy face drawings I see on Instagram. I guess that's not me.
When I sleep with my old stuffed animals, it's like I can smell my past... those kinds of sweet, clean sheets smells that remind me of home. Bet you've smelled that too. And I miss spring, a lot of the time, when the cold bounces around me like a toddler at a trampoline park, but I'm rambling but I can't stop..
Who am I? Well, I'm wake up boring time, particular kinds of corn chips, Christmas right after Halloween, kinda bored with math, cyan on Among Us with the ever changing hat sort of middle school person.
& I'm you.

NiñaEstrella

More by NiñaEstrella