Listen Up Project!

Young Writers Project is excited to present YWP writers and artists an opportunity to be part of Vermont filmmaker Bess O'Brien's Listen Up project! Find out more here, see the writing prompts below -- and read on!
The Listen Up Project, led by O'Brien and her award-winning Kingdom County Productions, is a two-year project to create an original musical inspired, written and performed by Vermont teens—touring the state in the fall of 2020! The musical will go to the heart of current youth issues including mental health, trauma, resiliency, friendship, love, family, community, and issues that affect VT and the world. O'Brien is seeking young writers to help create the script. She is also looking for your writing -- your opinions, your stories to incorporate in the production. O'Brien says, "In order to create a musical that is based on authentic stories by teens, we need to hear your stories. ... We are thrilled to be partnering with Young Writers Project to collect  stories from you!"

To get started, try the ListenUp prompt (you can respond to one or all three parts):
1. People always tell me ...
2. What parents need to know ....
3. If I was in charge ...
Bess will be reviewing responses to the prompt for potential inclusion in the Listen Up Project!