Five for Aaron

civilized's picture

i
I want to live,
this love;
this hate.
It's burning us all,
few burn down;
but we burn.

ii.
I wish I could sing you
one last song;
but now you're gone.
Aaron, you're gone.

iii.
I want to live.
I want to live.
I w a n t to live.

iv.
It goes on endlessly,
these tears;
these words.
I'm crying on my mothers
shoulder
for a boy I didn't know.
I want to sing him one last song.
I wanted to sing it before, but
Aaron, you're gone.
I can't stay strong
when this love,
this hate,
it's burning me away.

v.
I want to live.
I want to rise above it all.
It's too much.
I want to live.

»

Comments

Aaron Xue

Kevsoc5's picture

Dear Writer,

I did not know Aaron either. I have a girlfriend who attends Essex High and she was close to Aaron, not as close as some of her classmates but, close nonetheless. I feel like you have done him a great service by writing this in his memory as it will truly serve as a great piece of writing in his memory.

Your poem truly made me stop and think about what I knew about him and how he affected his classmates when he chose to end his life on Friday. I have read your poem over and over and every time I do it leaves me speechless as it has many strong images that remind me of what it truly feels like to lose a valued member of a community even if you did not know them as well as others did.

Some of the lines in your poem especially bring me close to tears as they are so inspirational. The lines "It goes on endlessly, these tears; these words. I’m crying on my mother's shoulder for a boy I didn't know.” Really bring out how you feel about Aaron's death and the emotions that are felt throughout the school. I am deeply saddened by his death but I am glad that you took the time to write out a poem explaining your thoughts on Aaron's death.

Being a poet myself and having had poetry published I know how much strength and courage it takes to post something on this website and a commend you for doing what many people wished to do which was write a poem and post it for all to read on this website. You are a very good poet and I hope that you continue to write things like this because you are very good at it.

Thank you,

Kevin Morin

~Love is but the discovery of yourself in others, and the delight in the recognition.~

Thank you. It's nice to have

civilized's picture

Thank you.
It's nice to have a long and thoughtful comment on a piece. :)
*Civ*
----------------------------------------------
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -Moulin Rouge [best movie ever.]

-civ

Aaron Xue

Kevsoc5's picture

You are very welcome for the comment or letter depending on how you look at it. I felt like I should write to you becuase you wrote osuch a great poem and also becuase you deserved all the coments tht i gave you.

i hope it is no trouble to you but i waant to keep this p oem for myself and put it with my stufff. Of course i will put your name on the bottom of it becuase it is not mine.

Kevin Morin

If that was you asking [I'm

civilized's picture

If that was you asking [I'm not sure. I read it a few times, but...], I'd be honored!
*Civ*

-civ

Aaron Xue

Kevsoc5's picture

Yeah, I just liked it so much that I wanted to put it on the front of my notes binder.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.