- GET PUBLISHED
#YWPSoS: Final Round Prize Winners!
The summer was long and productive at YWP. Thanks for all your participation in YWP's Summer of Stories challenge. As mentioned in our Summer of Stories post, we're amazed by the flurry of writing. Such a great way to launch the Fall. Click Read More for the prize winners. Thanks to CABOT CHEESE & NUTTY STEPH'S for prize donations.
- Most Encouraging Comments this August: Alcibiades!
- Best Comments of the Summer: Joystone!
- Most Intriguing Story from a New Writer this August: lyndsliebs's The Beauty of Your Bones!
- Longest Running Story of the Summer: lilianarowena's My Glass House!
- Most Intriguing and Elaborate Stories of the Summer: Pheonix! For starters, check out Duke of the Orphans, Blue-Eyed Surprise and Hortense Gregory Teaches a Tycoon a Priceless Lesson.
- Best Response to a Prompt this August: Tradys's Grist for the Gossip Mill!
- Best Workshop Story: SherlockHolmes's Lester!
- Most Daily Posts this Summer: Kyrridwen posted an impressive 55 out of 92 possible days during #YWPSoS. Nice work!
Congratulations to our winners and thanks again to everyone who participated this summer! Keep the fantastic work coming--we just can't seem to get enough of it.
Your pals at YWP
P.S. Let's not forget prize winners from previous rounds!
#YWPSoS June prize winners:
1. Best Comments: Pheonix
2. Most Daily Posts: Kyrridwen (16)
#YWPSoS July prize winners:
1. Best Comments: Joystone
2. Most Daily Posts: Phoenix (20)
P.P.S. And the instructive take-away from a Google Hangout with GG and Doug at the start of summer:
Thanks to the three stalwarts who jumped in on a Google Hangout. Note to self: Google has changed (again) so we'll make it easier for you next time. Gist of conversation:
-- Prompts good. Great to have a place to just plain write. Good comments from folks.
-- Need more youth participants, but, dang, a lot of friends don't like writing. (Yes we need to change the world order.)
-- Keep the public chat in some form, maybe in a chaos room.
-- It's hard to give good comment. (Yes, we know.) AND IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET MORE COMMENTS FROM SITE MEMBERS. (Mentors are nice, but...)
-- Posts are really high quality.
-- More publicity needed to spread word, bring more kids in.
Thanks to all of you for your participation. And do try to spread the word. Share links to posts you really like. Practice the art of persuasion. Let's change the world: Writing is fun, when you can write about what interests you and someone is reading -- and cares about -- what you have to say.