#YWPSoS: Final Round Prize Winners!

Author tools:
gg's picture
#YWPSoS: Final Round Prize Winners!

Greetings ye noble Youth of Writerly Persuasion, 

The summer hath been long and productive; thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for entrusting your creations to YWP's repository! We cherished each entry and, as we mentioned in our Summer of Stories post, were amazed by how many of you wrote often, read each others' work and commented. Such a great way to launch this fall season. Keep up the great work!

And now, without further ado (and thanks to CABOT CHEESE and NUTTY STEPH'S for prize donations):

1. Most Encouraging Comments this August: Alcibiades!
  2. Best Comments of the Summer: Joystone!
  3. Most Intriguing Story from a New Writer this August: lyndsliebs's The Beauty of Your Bones!
  4. Longest Running Story of the Summer: lilianarowena's My Glass House!
  5. Most Intriguing and Elaborate Stories of the Summer: Pheonix! For starters, check out Duke of the Orphans, Blue-Eyed Surprise and Hortense Gregory Teaches a Tycoon a Priceless Lesson.
  6. Best Response to a Prompt this August: Tradys's Grist for the Gossip Mill!
  7. Best Workshop Story: SherlockHolmes's Lester!
  8. Most Daily Posts this Summer: Kyrridwen posted an impressive 55 out of 92 possible days during #YWPSoS. Nice work!

Congratulations to our winners and thanks again to everyone who participated this summer! Keep the fantastic work coming--we just can't seem to get enough of it.

Cheerio,

Your pals at YWP

P.S. Let's not forget prize winners from previous rounds!

#YWPSoS June prize winners:

1. Best Comments: Pheonix

2. Most Daily Posts: Kyrridwen (16)

3. Most Intriguing Stories: Joystone's City of Legend and lilianarowena's My Glass House

4. Best Response to a Prompt: Sepheria's Part of the Dressing and Tradys's Paintings and a Black Hat

#YWPSoS July prize winners:

1. Best Comments: Joystone

2. Most Daily Posts: Phoenix (20)

3. Most Intriguing Stories: SherlockHolmes's The Diner and ErinL.3's Courage, Dear Boy

4. Best Response to a Prompt: Kyrridwen's Jillian (we also loved Warren Against the World)

5. Best Use of Multimedia: Tradys's Crescendo

P.P.S. And the instructive take-away from a Google Hangout with GG and Doug at the start of summer:

Thanks to the three stalwarts who jumped in on a Google Hangout. Note to self: Google has changed (again) so we'll make it easier for you next time. Gist of conversation:

-- Prompts good. Great to have a place to just plain write. Good comments from folks.

-- Need more youth participants, but, dang, a lot of friends don't like writing. (Yes we need to change the world order.)

-- Keep the public chat in some form, maybe in a chaos room.

-- It's hard to give good comment. (Yes, we know.) AND IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET MORE COMMENTS FROM SITE MEMBERS. (Mentors are nice, but...)

-- Posts are really high quality.

-- More publicity needed to spread word, bring more kids in.

Thanks to all of you for your participation. And do try to spread the word. Share links to posts you really like. Practice the art of persuasion. Let's change the world: Writing is fun, when you can write about what interests you and someone is reading -- and cares about -- what you have to say.

»

Comments

I would love to participate!

angela weasley's picture

I would love to participate! :D

ǟռɢɛʟǟ աɛǟֆʟɛʏ♥

This sounds awesome.  I shall

SherlockHolmes's picture

This sounds awesome.  I shall be there. :)

I'm in!

Tradys's picture

I'll definitely participate in the hangout!

Thank you so much!!! :) And

Thank you so much!!! :)

And congratulations to everyone else; keep writing because you're AMAZING!!!!! <3

Thanks for hosting the Summer

Tradys's picture

Thanks for hosting the Summer of Stories! It was a lot of fun to participate in!

Thanks for taking the time to

doug.demaio's picture

Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful posts and comments with us all. We'd be nothing without all of you! We'll keep hosting if you keep writing!

We also tweet, fb, tumbl, & instagram! :)

Participating!

How do I participate?!? :3 /:l

You can use the prompts and

doug.demaio's picture

You can use the prompts and post your writing whenever you want. Check out the "Workshops" tab and take a look at some of the other ones as well. Let us know what you think.

Thank you all for an amazing

SherlockHolmes's picture

Thank you all for an amazing summer of stories.  I really had a lot of fun, not only writing, but also reading other people's work.  Good job, everyone and keep up the great work!