fiction 0 comments challenge: Dye
parei's picture

Today Is The Day

Today Is The Day
“Today is the day,” I said as I push my glasses up. I gazed at the mirror looking at my messy hair.

“Today is the day, I dye my hair.”

I head to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of corn flakes and plop down on the couch. I reach for the remote sitting on the coffee table. Then with a click of a button, the TV came on. “Hollywood’s Next Top Model!” I squeal with excitement. My eyes glued to the screen. Once they start assigning their themes, I instantly remembered what I needed to do. I set my bowl on the coffee table and proceed to the bathroom. When I swing open the bathroom door I notice the mirror is dirty so I gather bleach and paper towels. As I am spraying the mirror with bleach it splatters everywhere! Luckily not my precious hair. I mix the lavender color hair dye right before I apply it evenly with soft strokes, it was like painting a clean canvas. While my hair was getting dyed I sat on the couch and waited, so I decided to watch the rest of “Hollywood’s Next Top Model”. After half an hour I was so excited to see my fresh new look! I would finally fit in with the cool kids, so I thought. I rinsed my hair thoroughly but the final product was not lavender, but white! My hair was bleached!

“Oh no, This can’t be! Today was supposed to be the day!’

parei's picture
About the Author: parei