Chapter 4

A few days later Sofia was getting ready for the “Grand Ball” all of the helpers were working on her, working on her make up, her dress, and all the other things that a princess needs to do before going to a ball. A soft knock came on the princesses door. “Hello, It’s me Mia, can I come in?” “Sure!” Sofia said. “Come on in!”. “Sorry for bothering you Princess, but a rather delicate matter has come up.” Sofia looked at Mia nervously, “What is it Mia?” Mia looked at Sofia, Sofia knew something was up. She asked all her helpers to leave.  “I-it’s those shadows I told you about, I saw more!” Mia was starting to panic, “Okay….Mia take a breath. It’s going to be okay.” Mia starts taking small breaths to calm herself down. “Are you sure it wasn’t just an animal of some sort?” “I am POSITIVE that it WASN’T an animal!” Mia said. A maid soon after comes into Sofia's bedroom. “The ball is starting soon, you both should get going before the king gets angry.” Sofia nodded at the maid, then looked at Mia. “She’s right, we should get going.” Then she whispers to Mia. “Don’t worry we will figure out what those shadows are.” Mia nodded at Sofia, then they both began heading out. 
“I am really nervous.” Sofia said. “It’s okay! You got this! I will be in the ballroom too, so if you need anything or want to talk, just come up to me.” Mia said while smiling at Sofia.

“That’s my cue to leave so you can have your grand entrance!” Mia leaves quickly as music starts playing for Sofia and her family's grand entrance.

“Welcome Princess Sofia!”

Everyone bowed, all the guests were amazed by her beauty. Then more music started playing for the King and Queen.

“Welcome The King and Queen!”

Everyone bowed in their presence as well.

The King and Queen had thrones to sit on, as did the princess but she was meant to dance at this time.

The music started playing and Sofia didn’t have a dance partner, she looked around and everyone already started dancing. Then a man with a mask came up to her.

“May I have this dance?” He said sweetly. “O-of course!” Sofia smiled. The music tune changed to a soft, elegant one. A few spins later Sofia felt as time had stopped, how long had they been dancing for? Everything didn’t matter to her cause she was having too much fun, so much in fact that she felt all of her problems melt away….

Then time started again, and the music ended. The man bowed to the Princess, “Well, farewell beautiful maiden.” He said before disappearing into the crowd.

EvieC

More by EvieC