Want To Be a Partner?

Young Writers Project has an expertise: We know how to teach writing but we do it by helping young people find their voice. We provide them the guidance, opportunity and practice to gain the skills and confidence they need to express themselves with clarity and power. We provide them all sorts of audience so they have affirmation and purpose. We don't judge here. And because of that, we are an oasis; we are a safe space where young people can take creative risks, share new ideas, be their real selves.

We have more than 4,000 young people in this web community. They are from all over the world of varying stages in their writing development and all value what happens here. We've been working in digital spaces since 2006 so we know what we are doing. And we know what we're doing because we stay in close touch with the people we serve. A small band of Community Leaders provides us with regular suggestions and critiques and new writing challenges. We love collaborating with them.

We'd love to work with you. Want to be a partner? Get in touch. We are looking for writers and videographers, experts in audio and photography, organizations that seek to empower young people. Tell us your idea, your story.

Get in Touch

Young Writers Project seeks partners who have something to give and something to gain by collaborating with our organization. Opportunities for partnership are manifold. We've highlighted a few of those opportunities in this section, but we're open to suggestions. If you have something to contribute or an idea for a project, we want to hear about it! Contact: Susan Reid, YWP's executive director, [email protected]. (802-324-9538)
Community Builders

Young Writers Project strives to create an environment where all young people feel safe to participate in creative dialogue, and we believe that a greater diversity of voices makes for a richer learning environment and a more meaningful exchange of ideas. We invite partners who share this belief to invite the youths with whom they work to add their voices to the community at youngwritersproject.org.

This community has spaces for partners to design learning opportunities that engage their students and other site members. This includes the creation of special writing challenges, online workshops, feature publications and live-streamed events. Have an issue you'd like to get young people to write about? Have a class you'd like to connect with other youths around the world? Want to team up with YWP to teach an online class? 

And teachers and organizations who want a private website similar to this platform to do their own work should visit the Teacher Services section of our Educators page.

Instructors and Mentors

Young Writers Project seeks qualified, passionate and creative partners to assist with developing and delivering in-person and digital instruction. Our platform enables us to host groups of youths safely, to design single or multi-part learning experiences and to control which users can participate in learning experiences.

We also work with higher-education partners who seek to give their Education, Writing and English majors an opportunity to develop their skills as mentors and instructors. Students are offered guidance, feedback and an assessment of their performance by YWP staff. It's an experience that translates easily into an independent study or university classroom assignment.

To learn more about being a Young Writers Project mentor, visit our Mentors page.

Sponsors

Sponsors typically provide financial support for existing programs, or help Young Writers Project expand and deepen its programming. Sponsors receive recognition on Young Writers Project's website, in promotional materials, in The Voice digital magazine and in other publications as space allows. There are many levels of sponsorship, and sponsors can decide which programs they wish to fund. Options include: publications, the YWP Academy scholarship fund, events and workshops. More information about sponsorship is available on our Support page.

Researchers

Young Writers Project seeks academic and other institutional partners to develop studies of youth behaviors in digital environments, best practices for writing instruction and other topics. We want to translate our years of experience into resources that can help others.

Capacity-Builders

Young Writers Project is a small, dynamic organization in a tiny, rural state. Our capacity is only as great as the time and abilities of our small number of staff members, our volunteers and our partners. We seek partners who can help boost our operations so that we can focus on the point of our project: helping youths write better. We offer varied means of recognition and recompense. We welcome capacity-builders to assist with all manner of operational areas: web design and development, marketing and strategic development.

Media

Young Writers Project strives to provide opportunities for authentic, external audience to all of its participants. Media partners are essential to realizing this goal. In exchange, we offer media outlets high-quality youth voices and perspectives to include in their publications. Frequency of publication, wordcounts and types of media are determined based on the needs and requirements set forth by Young Writers Project and media partners. See a list of our media partners on our Publications page.